Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) has a bright, modern, state-of the-art terminal that serves more than 7.5 million passengers annually. Twenty airlines offer nonstop service throughout North America as well as international service to Canada, Germany and Denmark. With an average of 230 flights daily to major gateways like Atlanta, Chicago, New York and more, travelers have access to convenient connections worldwide.
The airport serves a five-county trade area that includes Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades, with more than 1.1 million residents. RSW ranks among the top 50 airports for passenger traffic in the Unites States and is a Class A Port of Entry with customs services on site. U.S. companies engaged in international trade-related activities can take advantage of RSW being a designated Foreign Trade Zone, which provides special customs procedures that may save your business time and money.
Location, Location, Location!
Located in Fort Myers, the airport is perfectly positioned within easy driving distance of I-75 and quick access to the greater Southwest Florida area. In addition to being a world-class airport, Southwest Florida International Airport has more than 1,100 acres of airport land available for development. Skyplex offers 280 acres for aviation development, including 75 acres of prime ramp access, and an additional 870 acres for nonaeronautical businesses.
The advantages of locating a business at Skyplex include:
- Major Roadway Access in Place
- Major Utilities in Place
- Employee Parking in Place
- Ramp is Stressed and Maintained
- Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Approvals Secured
- Accessible to Office, Commercial and Residential Areas
Lee County Job Opportunity Program
- Incentives for locating or expanding companies, creating high-wage jobs in targeted industries
Florida Qualified Targeted Industries Tax Refund Program (QTI)
- A tax refund incentive for new and existing businesses to create quality, value-added jobs
Financial Incentives for Recruiting Strategic Targets
- Negotiated, performance-based incentives to attract and grow high-value business projects that promote broad-based prosperity in the county
The sky’s the limit.
An Economic Impact Study conducted by the Florida Department of Transportation in 2010 showed that the total contribution to Southwest Florida’s economy from airport operations through direct and indirect sources is $3.8 billion annually. This area is rich in opportunity and your company can capitalize on the available land and existing resources to propel your business forward.