Designated by the state of Florida, an Enterprise Zone is an area targeted for economic revitalization. By investing capital and creating jobs in a Zone, a company can become eligible to receive valuable tax and business incentives from the state. There are six specific tax credits available:
- Job credits for hiring Zone residents
- Community tax contribution credits for cash and specified good donated to eligible sponsors
- Property tax credits up to $50,000 for new or rehabilitated commercial construction
- State tax refunds for business machinery and equipment used exclusively within a Zone
- State tax refunds for building materials
- Utility tax exemptions (municipal and state)
The Lee County Enterprise Zone is ten square miles in central and east Fort Myers, concentrated in the areas of Palm Beach Boulevard, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, and U.S. 41. To view the Enterprise Zone:
To download forms and applications regarding these business incentives, visit the State's website www.floridaenterprisezones.com.
For more information, contact the Fort Myers Regional Partnership at 800.493.4396.